Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The bells, the bells....

The next post about SunnyO goings on will be along soon. It's just waiting for me to do something with the dozens of photos which are yet to be downloaded. I'll try & remember...

It will be about how the weather, and the shifting sands revealed a long buried, ancient artifact, the subject of half remembered myth by the locals. (A toyota, if I'm not mistaken).

Meanwhile, here's some more of the Wit & Wisdom of the Lovely T. AKA Mrs Llew, my better arf etc.

A couple of years ago, unbeknownst to me, she decided what we needed was to upgrade from the archaic reliance on celluloid & 1 hour photo processing, and get a digital camera.

Normally I'd be roped in at this stage, to reseach, consult & advise. And possibly pay. But this was to be a surprise. And anyway, she'd done all the research necessary (article in an inflight magazine, natch).

So armed with her new found knowledge & expertise, and a couple of questions for clarification, she marched into a reputable photographic store & announced she was looking for a decent, reliable, robust, pretty much totally automatic digital camera.

"Certainly madam" said the man at the counter "do you have anything in mind?"
"Well" said the confident & knowledgable T "I've done some reading, and I know that there are several types, some models come with 2 Pixiebells, and some come with 3. So... what exactly are these pixiebells and how many do I need?"

The shopkeeper solemnly, but helpfully corrected her:

"Megapixels madam."
"Right... whatever." said T.

And for the record, they had a Canon Ixus on sale, with if memory serves, 2 pixiebells, and it's been great.