Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Home Alone...

Well, not quite alone. M & I are flying solo tonight, the Mrs, and Mom are out of town on business!

But 13 year olds are refreshingly taking up the habits & interests of their fathers. To some extent.

So conspiratorially, we have gigglingly planned & agreed that grilled steak is on the menu, and Underworld* will be our post-prandial entertainment.

Neither of which would be on the cards if the adult were home.

* I've heard it's tosh, but like Catwoman, which is handily taped for a future occasion, I suspect that the collaboration between the casting & costuming departments may make the experience at least a little bit ah... tolerable.

Which reminds me... I bought a bargain basement copy of The Deep last week, and only a few minutes in the suggestion was made that I got it because of my fond memories of Jacqueline Bissett in a wet t shirt. And to be completely honest, I got it because of my fond memories of Robert Shaw's performance & indecipherable accent. And the amazing underwater photography. And it was ridiculously cheap.

And so I probably shouldn't have laughingly admitted "Yes, the wet t shirt was a major marketing device at the time..."