Monday, November 28, 2005

Lord, I have not sinned enough!

SunnyO: Lord, I have sinned!

So, someone called Su from nnyo.blogspot.com accuses me of being scared eh? So after I clicked through to see that nnyo.blogspot.com doesn't exist... I went shopping (more on that later).

Then a thought occured to me (I am not so fast at times...) Su nnyo.blogspot.com. Holy shit! My own blog is calling me a pussy! Or did I post that comment myself & then blank it from my mind?

Now, so full of self doubt.

Scared? It cannot be.

But thinking about it... in a way I am scared, or wary anyway. Hence the thin veil of anonymity. I'm not wary of giving people the wrong impression, I'm wary of giving people the right impression.

There are things I have experienced in my life that I do not regret, but they are private. They might also have been illegal :) Or at least, frowned upon. And so rather than expose myself to shallow judgement, I'll keep them to myself. Or at least myself & the small number of people who may have experienced those events with me. To share them would be either boastful, or, well actually, pretty much just boastful. And uninteresting to anyone else.

They're my business, in other words.

Anyway...

Lust: Yes, I've done lots & lots of lusting. Some of it successful, some of it unrequited. I still lust, although I am happily married now & content not to convert those random lustful thoughts to action. Also, I am middle aged, and have no intention of making myself look ridiculous. But if anyone wants to know some good places around Wellington to inspire some good, solid lustful thoughts, email me for directions.

Gluttony: I thinkl I covered that one sufficiently in the last post.

Sloth: Ditto. Although I rarely seem to have the time for serious, competition level slothing these days. But it is a native talent.

Pride: Here's where we get sketchy. In fact, I think this is a pretty average mortal sin really. I'm proud of lots of things, but that's not the same thing.

Envy: Probably the only really serious envy I have mustered would involve some of the lustees & those who got, er.. favoured that weren't me. Otherwise, I'm pretty well sorted for material goods. Although I do envy my friend who bought the first DVD hard drive that I ever saw.

Cripes, don't make me have to go look up the other two sins!

Oh yeah...

Wrath: I'm a pretty level headed guy & have been described as unflappable. That said, as previously mentioned I have lost my rag on a couple of occasions, often with tradespeople or corporations telling me they can't do something I think would be very reasonable for them to do. I can only think of 3 occasions I have lost my temper like that.

Greed: The only real greed I can think of would more appropriately be covered under gluttony. Oh wait, I can kill two with one stone here - I am proud that I am not greedy.

There.