Monday, February 13, 2006

Seasonal musing

Where do all the extra florists come from? Is there some temp agency that keeps the names of florists on the books for special occasions?

Must be.

And how do they get all the roses to peak on that one day? Where do they all come from anyway?

And come to think of it... who cares?

Meanwhile on the home front, was proudly astonished to have the young one come & tell me at 8am one morning last week "There's a great movie on that you should be taping!"

And without further ado, I can reveal that despite having no idea who Dr Ernesto Guavero became, she was telling me she'd seen the Motorcycle Diaries earlier in the week on Sky, and respectfully thought I should be recording it.

As it happens, I was recording it & gratefully asked if she could refrain from changing channels until it was finished.

She & I also watched The Godfather one night last week. And I can report that that movie STILL has it. I look forward to number 2 in the near future, which in case I haven't mentioned it before, is THE best movie ever made.

In weekend news, I spent most of it with a chainsaw in hand, thinning out the self seeded forest down the back of the house. It's starting to look nice now. Mrs Llew filled the gap created by my newish brick wall with compost & replanted the herbs & lettuces.

Oh, and most joyous of all, we are now getting to our front door down our newly completed steps. Gaining access through our own property is quite the novelty. Still a long way before the job is finished, this particular 3 month job was started last July... luckily, we're not paying by the hour.

And I've asked this before & elsewhere... but given the choice of going to Boulot or the Matterhorn for dinner, which would YOU choose & why?