Friday, April 08, 2005

And now for a public service... I (will) bring you the Antichrist.

In these painful days of papal upheaval, SunnyO has decided to do the world a service by unmasking the Antichrist.

You know s/he's out there - striding the world's places of power (momentary cliche blank - you know what I mean), or maybe sitting at home listening to Linda Clarke & having a cuppa.

I thought I might make it multi-choice (eg 1. Paul Holmes 2. Joe Ratzinger 3. Paris Hilton etc) but then I decided that to do the job the justice it deserves, and to continue in the recent vein of Interactive Blogging (TM), I'd call for nominations.

So what say you!

Oh - and while it IS attractive to think that the AC is a very powerful & prominent person, it might pay to remember that in fine Hollywood movie tradition, it just might be the very last person we expect (or if a TV show, the most famous guest star that week). So keep an eye on Nelson Mandela - and say Michelle, you got him on your list?

So I will accept obscure personages, especially if accompanied by an imaginative description. For instance, there used to be this Wellington City bus driver....

BTW: I meant to mention this before, but having all sorts of (supernatural?) problems with Blogger. But if you've read The Revolt of the Angels by Anatole France, you will be aware that Satan is actually a retired gardener living on the outskirts of Paris. That being the case, why should the Antichrist be any more prominent?

And further... this link takes you to the online translation of the entire Revolt of the Angels