Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Guava Tree

You bolly well would, wouldn't you...If I were single, I'd post about where the hot women are in the CBD. It'd be a public service. But I'm happily married, and in order to stay that way.... I won't be writing that post (email me by any means for some worthwhile "sites".)

This came to mind this lunchtime when I spent a pleasant 20 minutes or so in a new store called The Guava Tree. Not normally a place I would frequent, but my interest was piqued by the vast plasma screen observable through the shop window playing what appeared to Bollywood movies.

I've always wanted to see a Bollywood movie. They look like fun, and it doesn't hurt that the locations, production designs, and casts are inevitably spectacular.

But I'm put off by the 3 hour plus running time of them.

So I spent that pleasant 20 minutes discussing Bollywood movies with the helpful & knowledgable young woman in the shop.

Not all Bollywood movies are more then 3 hours long apparently (only the better ones it seems). She recited a list of the good ones, and told me which actors to watch out for. Unfortunately, the words were all Hindu to me & so I'm going to have to make my choices based on who looks best in a wet sari....

And also... what were were watching wasn't an actual movie, it was a DVD selection of musical clips. MTV Bollywood if you like. Still... I want that DVD!

Places we like to shop - The Guava Tree

Where? Upstairs at the North end of Capital on the Quay.

What? Purveyors of fine Indian "stuff": Kitchenware, fabrics, clothes, displayers of fine Bollywood musical numbers.