Thursday, May 18, 2006

Shit you need to know about.

Inspired by my current search for the Holy Grail, I got talking to this guy on Magpie Lawn last night. He’s a lawyer. So he must know his stuff right?

I’ve also just been reading the Wikipedia entry on Umberto Eco’s Foucault’s Pendulum. Which has been described as the thinking man’s da Vinci Code. I read it years ago, and it is dense. Basically, the protagonists work for a publishing house that handles works such as The Holy Blood & the Holy Grail, and its ilk. The publishers take elements from all the nutty conspiracy books they have published, and for a laugh, enter them all into a computer program which mixes them up, adds a few items, and comes out with The Grand Conspiracy theory.

And it is tosh, and they have done this to amuse themselves. But then it appears they have inadvertently struck conspiracy gold & one of them is ritually murdered by the ancient secret society that they thought they’d created for a laugh…

Anyway, on the lawn, I wondered aloud whether the upcoming Code movie would be any good. Opining that since the basis of the story is utter twaddle, the best we can hope for is a solid thriller.

But my lawyer friend was better informed than that! It’s not twaddle at all in fact. Luckily, the Templars weren’t mentioned (except I did check whether he could put me in contact with one). And I was told a lot of arcane stuff that is going on in this world that we know nothing about, stuff that the mainstream media don’t report because… well who knows why actually, maybe because it’s rubbish. But I didn’t mention that. And I can’t remember the details because it sounded like Foucault’s Pendulums made up mish-mash. And I’m not a very attentive listener. So guys, no need to sic the albino monk on me OK?

Meanwhile, google hits through the roof as the world searches for Knights Templar. Wonder what happens if I mention Opus Dei?

Anyhow. Other things learned last night, which possibly you will hear here first. Not (so far as I’m aware) related to the Holy Grail or anything. Just important things which will be happening in the world soon. SOON! Apparently. And which the mainstream media will refuse to report. For some reason. And my mind has probably garbled them beyond recognition. It‘s mostly oil related.

1. Venezuela has recently been found to hold the largest oil reserves in the world. Supplanting Saudi Arabia.
2. Hugo Chavez will soon become the head of OPEC
3. Venezuela will want payment in Euros
4. Iran has struck a deal with China & Russia & will supply all their oil, and they want payment in Euros too

So what does all this mean? Buggered if I know actually, except that Saudi presumably loses a lot of its strategic value to the US. The US dollar falls through the floor & the Euro becomes the world standard.

As Jack Palance once asked… Truth? Or Bullshit?

meanwhile... since we're on secret societies & conspiracies... what's with that cycling group that Parliamentary messenger attended with the Telecom guy? I'm hearing strange rumours about them!