Thursday, August 17, 2006

Another reason to hate singstar

Like many songs I've heard over & over again through the years... I've never known what the actual lyrics were.

Now, thanks to the Evil Singstar (TM), I do know what they are, but I feel there is no-one on earth, not even Simon le Bon, who could tellus WTF they mean.

Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf


Dark in the city, night is a wire
Steam in the subway, earth is a fire
Do-do do do, do do do, do do do, do do do, do do
Woman you want me, give me a sign
And catch my breathing even closer behind
Do-do do do, do do do, do do do, do do do, do do

In touch with the ground
Im on the hunt Im after you
Smell like I sound, Im lost in a crowd
And Im hungry like the wolf
Straddle the line, in discord and rhyme
Im on the hunt Im after you
Mouth is alive with juices like wine
And Im hungry like the wolf

Stalked in the forest, too close to hide
Ill be upon you by the moonlight side
Do-do do do, do do do, do do do, do do do, do do
High blood drumming ony our skin its so tight
You feel my heart, Im just a moment behind
Do-do do do, do do do, do do do, do do do, do do

In touch with the ground
Im on the hunt Im after you
Scent and a sound, Im lost and Im found
And Im hungry like the wolf
Strut on a line, its discord and rhyme
I howl and I whine Im after you
Mouth is alive all running inside
And Im hungry like the wolf

-

(hungry like the wolf
Hungry like the wolf
Hungry like the wolf)

Burning the ground I break from the crowd
Im on the hunt Im after you
I smell like I sound, Im lost and Im found
And Im hungry like the wolf
Strut on a line, its discord and rhyme
Im on the hunt Im after you
Mouth is alive with juices like wine
And Im hungry like the wolf

Burning the ground I break from the crowd
Im on the hunt Im after you
Scent and a sound, Im lost and Im found
And Im hungry like the wolf

Strut on a line, its discord and rhyme
I howl and I whine Im after you
Mouth is alive all running inside
And Im hungry like the wolf...

Update! An (the) esteemed reader has already (just about before I posted it even) suggested that the song means he wants to give her his Simon le Bone.

Which is a fair point, and pretty obvious from the video. But aside from a few cryptic clues, could you tell as much from just the lyrics?

BTW: I can assure you that you do not want to have to perform this on the Evil Singstar (TM).

And now... I'm going to open myself to the (probably righteous) scorn of my readers who know more about music than me - which would pretty much be all of you. Except for the one guy I know who thinks Muskrat Love is the apex of American music.

Not even the version by America. Although I'll go out on a limb & say that I while I thought the Captain was pretty damned weird, and I hated everything they did, I thought Tenille was pretty hot. At the time. OK?

Now, that wasn't even what I meant to say, that was an after thought. technically a fore thought.

But has anyone else seen the new Christina Aguilera video (as usual, I have no idea what the song is, nor will I know the lyrics until I am subjected to them on Singstar in about 20 years time) and thought that Aguiera is pretty much everything that Mariah Carey thinks she (Carey) is?