Monday, January 28, 2008

Natural selection

I was walking along the beach the other day, as you do, when ahead I noticed 5 adults, one with a toddler on his shoulders, watching a young boy performing donuts on a small quad bike.

"Retards", was my first uncharitable thought, only that morning I'd been reading an article in the DomPost about quad & motor bike accidents on the beach.

Next time I looked over at them, the adults were all running over the sand towards the toppled quad bike which was now on top of the young boy.

He was alright though, they picked him up, and the bike, stuck him back on & urged him, with some taunting because he wasn't keen anymore, to get back out there making donuts!

Beach speed limit 'ridiculous' - New Zealand, world, sport, business & entertainment news on Stuff.co.nz