Monday, June 13, 2005

A great idea that I probably won't put into practise...

SO why mention it then? Because it's a great idea!

I saw this movie once... a short film in a programme of avante garde short films. can't remember what it was called, nor who directed it.

but anyway, it was a series of photographs, landscapes, people, places, kind of like holiday snaps.

And there was a narrator talking about the photos. But thing was, what he was talking about bore no resemblance to the photo on screen.

And then something weird happened to the photo & it bubbled, so it resembled pizza, and then broke apart. And then the next photo came on.

And halfway through, it dawned on me. The narration & photos were out of sync, I can't remember if he was talking about the photo that had just been, or was to come. But suddenly the whole concept, and narration became very, very funny. It was the way it was done.

Also, the bubbling was because he'd filmed a frame stuck in the projector until it melted.

Anyway, I just thought wouldn't it be cool to blog a post & put pictures from the next post to come in, and keep doing that...

no?

Well I thought it might be funny. But it requires a degree of planning & preparation that I'm not prepared to put in.

So by all means have the idea. It's yours. I stole it from some geeky film-maker anyway.