Thursday, June 23, 2005

What sunscreen?

Che has a point here... read it for yourself & figure it out though.

Public Address | Club Politique - The Sunscreen Rant

But one example he forgot to mention about banning immigrants, is the danger we'll go back to the barbarian days of white folk owning & running corner dairies in our towns & suburbs.

This must not be allowed to happen.

Reminds me of several years ago, when a very old friend of mine (who had "scored" big time) & I took a day off work, assembled at his place, smoked a truckload of... stuff... and took another truckload of a well known hallucinogenic.

Then we treated ourselves to a day long buffet of deli food we'd both brought for the momentous occassion & watched video tapes of UK's Channel 4 programming that someone had sent him.

At some stage in the day, two middle aged, completely wasted reprobates went for a walk around the neighbourhood. We stood in a public park in Khandallah & gazed over a fogged in Wellington Harbour above which the top of Soames Island poked up uncannily (mind you, a lot of things looked uncanny that day).

Then we agreed that what we needed was MARS bars. So we trooped off up the hill, admiring the local architecture, until we came to the local dairy.

Which most uncannily of all was run by a white, elderly couple. And people, I am not exaggerating when I say that this particular dairy was pretty much devoid of goods. The shelves were empty. The choice was limited. We settled for Moro bars & griped all the way home, then spent the rest of the day finishing off his stash.

And in case anyone is wondering, those famous hallucinogenics are not what they are cracked up to be. At no stage did I think I was Superman, nor even that I could fly, I did not see paisley everywhere (aside from my mate's dubious shirt), and pretty much the only thing that happened was that I was unable to sleep for 3 days. However, the ceiling in my darkened bedroom did manage to hold my attention for long periods...

BTW: This was a long time ago, nobody can prove it happened & anyway, I make all this stuff up.

Also.. am I missing something or was sunscreen not even mentioned in Che's post?