Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Park Bench Memorials

The Botanic Gardens have dozens of park benches, many of them sport a plaque in the memory of a loved one.

To state the obvious... a park benchI sometimes joke that I spend my walk time memorising which bench is in memory of whom. They're usually dedicated to someone who led a very long & full life, who died some years ago. I'm considering dedicating one to Wilma the Wonder Labby (Wilma of Woburn, to use her formal name), when she passes on to that great Magpie Lawn in the sky - hopefully a good number of years from now...

And so it was disconcerting to find one dedicated to someone I knew, who did lead a full life, but sadly not as long as she should have. Someone I didn't even know was sick until I read the death notice in the paper. But that was the way she wanted it, apparently.

Guys... if you're reading this & want to go have a look, it's at the Southern end of the Soundshell Lawn, near the Fragrant Garden & overlooked by the Treehouse Centre.

RIP Nicky