Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Starjacking

Been having a few conversations with various people recently about 1) How to make some quick real money and 2) who'd win a prison bitch fight between Russell Crowe & Michael Jackson.

Since it seems Michael's not going to jail now, number 2 is moot. And Russell won't either because he'll settle out of court with the alleged victim.

Which brings me back to number 1. I figure the best & easiest way to make some real money these days, is to somehow get yourself next to Russell Crowe - in a pub might be best, but a hotel lobby seems to work too - and somehow slip into the conversation that you think he's a pussy. And that's it, sit back & accept the tabloid payments & out of court settlement. The deal could be cemented if you can arrange for a mate to video the grand occasion. Go Russ! Sure, there might be a bit of pain & humiliation involved, but it's more selfless than having your kids stay over at Neverland for the same effect.

In fact, I predict that this approach will become an up & coming, genuine profession. David Slack has given that profession a name - Starjacking. And I have already told him that I'll be blogjacking that term. So it seems fair to give credit.

I hope the term catches on.

BTW David: I saw somewhere recently, but haven't time to find it this morning, that the Washington Post also predict celebrity rehabilitation centres. And for the record, I think Jackson might be in with a chance, he's fit, limber, possibly has a mean streak, and as you point out, how many fights has Russ won off the big screen?

But as mentioned, I think Martha could take 'em both.