Friday, May 27, 2005

More on music

When I was a teenager, I had an astounding revelation. I shared it with my initially sceptical friends, but they quickly came to agree as we tried it out with every appropriate song. More recently, I tried the theory out on my wife - I can't remember which song prompted it, but she remains sceptical (innocent that she is).

In any song, the word "Rock" is a euphemism for the word "Fuck".

It's true! Try it.

Was it David Cassidy who warbled?:
Ooh... I wanna ROCK you baby!
ROCK you all night long.


Abba similarly implored:
ROCK me
Gimme that kick now
ROCK me
Show me that trick now
ROCK me


On the other hand... Michael Jackson claimed:
I wanna ROCK with you
All night


See? Maybe you already realised this. I thought it was obvious, but I'm surprised that not everyone thinks so. Maybe there are exceptions...

I may add more during the weekend as they come to mind.

Although... what are we to make of the B52's Rock Lobster....