Monday, June 20, 2005

Was Jane Austen like this?

Mulling every event in her life over... Should I blog this? How can I blog this? Does it need twisting? Embellishing? Names changed to protect the innocent? I bet she was...

So anyway, out of the blue I got an email today from A-list blogger & TV producer Chromium Dipstie.

"Mate" he said "Haven't heard from you in a while, but note from your blog that you are alive & well. Can I get your contact number to talk to you about something work related?"

My interest was piqued... His work? Mine? God forbid, both? A job offer? Had Chromium read my blog about dancing lessons last year? I ran the scenarios through my head. Could I be next year's Norm? No, I'm not famous. Could they need someone to teach Kate Hawkesby? Would it involve Jason Gunn? No, I'm not desperate. Could it involve sitting next to Petra Bagust night after night - mate, I'm in!

Anyway, turns out he was looking for someone with a family, in a particular household income band, to discuss implications of various tax regimes...

Sadly, (or perhaps, fortunately) turns I'm not representative enough for the story's purposes. Not enough kids, wrong income.

However, I did suggest a few substitutes... so I really need to blog this so you know should your 15 minutes come along quite soon, you weren't the first choice. You may be the Sophia to my Winona.

In the meantime, please do get back to me when you have that Shortland Street walk-on to discuss. I'll have an agent by then.