Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Amelie

AmelieWe watched Amelie again (for two of us) last night. It was the first time M had seen it & she loved it.

For those who haven't seen it, it's a delightful, magical tale about a shy yuoung woman in Paris, doing good deeds for those who need them, striking retribution for those who do not, and engineering true love for herself with Nino (Matthieu Kassovitz - who also directed (and starred in) the hard hitting La Haine).Amelie et Nino

So it's a feel good tour de force (de Paris).

Anyway, all I wanted to say was that what struck me, on this viewing, is how unbelievably hot Audrey Tatou looks when dressed in a Zorro costume.

I always wanted to hold a Zorro party.... one where everyone, men & women, have to come dressed as Zorro. For some reason I've always thought that'd be cool. Might have to drink nothing but tequila too.

More on my Zorro fixation when I finally read the book....