Monday, November 21, 2005

A good plan has to be flexible. - Weekend & Campaign Roundup

And so it came to pass that the sandpit out back of the house was bordered by railway sleepers (let's not freak any artisans out by describing how I cut them to size, you'd never know, OK?), levelled, and declared ready for pavers.

A quick calculation of how may pavers were required, at $15 a pop was made based on My Plan (TM), and the amount of $900 was bandied about for consideration...

A minute or two elapsed before I & my in-house Home Improvement Consultant & Budgetting Planner agreed: Too Fucking Much.

So chances are, we will scrounge around for cheaper (or free) pavers, and liberally dot them around the area in question & surround them with some of the several tonnes of river stones that I have been quietly moving from where they were dumped a month or so ago.

But it'll be grand. And this way, it won't matter if my measurements & railway sleepers are out by a millimetre or two.

Meanwhile, on the campaign front... thank you all for your positive feedback, and votes so far. There's a long road to travel yet, and I am conscious, that much like the beneficiary of Amanda's attentions, I do not want to peak too early. Although let's all hope the experience is just as satisfying.

(I can't believe I stooped to that - although... I suppose it's Amanda who's doing the stooping - keep checking here though, in the last week of the campaign, should things be looking desperate, we might raffle Amanda off).

No such ministrations are required of you, my beloved readers, I'll be happy with your votes. And that of your family & friends. And pets - in fact, invite your pets to gmail so that they have their own email addresses & are eligible to vote.

I am proud to be your candidate in an election in which my chances of winning might be enhanced by my falling drunkenly down a flight of stairs. That's MY kind of gig.