Thursday, November 03, 2005

Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew...

...Tuffbert, Dibble & Grub.

I sincerely hope I'm not the only person whose mind is uselessly cluttered with songs & themes from old children's TV shows.

What was it? Camberwick Green? The stop-motion animated firemen who slid down the fireman's pole in time to the above recitation each week? I'm not even going to google it.

OK. How about:

Putty Puss, Musclemutt, Ding-Dong, Rhubarb, Sparkplug & Stutz,
Anybody doing the wrong thing,
Better watch out,
These cats are tough

Yeah, anytime there's a rumble out west,
Who do you call, you call the best,
And everyone knows it's simple as that,
'Cos the best in the west is...

HOUNDCATS!

Meanwhile, I used to get the Rupert Annual every year when I was a kid.

New Zealand's source for entertainment news, gossip & music, movie & book reviews on Stuff.co.nz: Rupert gets new home and shoes

And I once got an Airfix model of Fireball XL5 to construct.