Thursday, December 13, 2007

Armoured Bears

Since I read & loved the Hotel New Hampshire, I've often said that everyone needs a bear... I guess if underneath the hair & stuff they looked like Nastassja Kinski, it'd be a bonus.

The movie version of Phillip Pullman's Northern Lights (filmed as The Golden Compass) is getting mixed reviews. But I'm keen to see how Iorek Byrneson is portrayed.

Because really, if you have to travel a dangerous wilderness, what better and safer company than a talking, armoured polar bear.

Rock on.

Phew, seal breath.

Update: "If I were you... I'd hire myself an aeronaut & an armoured bear."

Trailers here. The "teaser" one is best.

"I have a contract with the child!"

The film isn't doing so crash hot at the box office, Berardinelli reckons sequels aren't on the cards. Pity. It looks quite good.