Wednesday, February 08, 2006

3 conversations (in the car).

Me: The car is really filthy.
Tempura: Hey, Marzipan, I've got a great idea for how you can earn your pocket money this weekend!
Marzipan: Wash the car? OK.

The next day, Tempura & Marzipan are out driving.

T: Hey, look at those girls over there, offering a car wash for $4!
M: Aw... yeah, but that'll be real low rent, bargain basement stuff. Not like I'll do.

Later that day.

T: Look, Aloysius, those girls washing cars.
Me: Excellent!
M: But I'm going to wash the car for my pocket money!
Me: But now we know the going rate!
M: Hey, but that'll be a really crappy car wash! $4! It's an insult to a car like this. Um... how do you wash a car anyway?
Me: Why don't you check "How To Do Just About Everything" book!

And I can report that the car now gleams, the instructions in the new bible having been followed to the letter. Although I have no idea what the cost was...