Friday, February 10, 2006

Cuban Dreaming

It's definitely something about that street. Now it's (and has been before) the Anvil House, Civic Chambers end. And oddly, I've worked in both of those buildings in previous lives...

And the big (non existent) carparking buildings that are opposite them (where the Michael Fowler Centre & council buildings really are.) Which I often find myself in.

And in this version (which I know I've dreamt several times before to some extent) I am also to be found at or outside a nightclub approximately where the Loaded Hog is (is it still the Loaded Hog?), which is next door to my inner city apartment. In Bond Street, not that far from Anvil House. It used to be the Bond St Tavern, and the Anvil House crowd used to drink there regularly.

For some reason last night, I was sitting outside the apartment, in the little lane that separates it from the nightclub, and inexplicably I was clad in a dressing gown, trying to peer through the windows of my apartment to watch the TV. Then it dawned on me... the TV would be easier to see if I were inside... but then I wasn't the guy in the dressing gown at all & I was watching him instead. As he did a little dance that alarmed his housekeeper.

I'm not sure, I may be missing important bits out.

Later, or maybe earlier, I was on a ship, berthing at Panama, where my friend Ed & I watched a guy foolishly swimming with crocodiles & being attacked by them. I may have been dreaming this because Panama is the only place I have seen crocodiles in the wild. But in a startling coincidence, I see David at Darwinian Evolution has blogged about guys swimming with crocodiles today...

In other coincidental news... Ed flew out of Wellington yesterday bound for a week's holiday in Cuba.

But no journalists last night, which is probably a good thing.