Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Suckypoo.

I have a headache today. Vaguely nauseous too, and I'm tired. But I've been worse.

I think we'd finished our normal nightly quota of wine by the end of the first quarter during the netball last night.

SO of course, we kept going till the last grisly act of a grisly game was played. Too many mistakes.

Suckypoo!

Thank goodness for the All Blacks.

In other news, we've been watching a Canadian film called Atanarjuat: The Fast Runner. An all Inuit tale of love, betrayal, murder & revenge. It's set hundreds of years ago, so you can do worse that admire the workmanship of the snow glasses some of the characters sport.

The scenery is breathtaking, the details of Inuit life are fascinating, and the dogs really take a hammering (we haven't yet seen the end credits to see if any dogs were harmed in the making of this film, but I'm guessing they won't attempt that disclaimer. Nor a similar one for seals...)

I'm not sure, but I believe director Zacharias Kunuk's latest film, the Journals of Knud Rasmussen features in this years film festivals. Be worth seeing I imagine.