Monday, February 21, 2005

The Gift of the book of the blog of the story of someone else's life....

I got a book in the mail on Friday... ordered from Amazon UK on (according to the packing note) 10 february....

It was gift wrapped, ribboned, and accompanied by a small card on which was neatly typed "I saw this & thought of you".

And it is the book of the blog known as Belle de Jour.

Belle, as you may know, wrote a gripping blog of her exploits, fired a great deal of speculation about who she really was, and scored a major book deal... the stuff of bloggers' dreams. Although hopefully we don't have to suffer some of the same indignities as belle in devotion to her... er Art. Although some of the pleasure would be OK. Who says artists have to suffer anyway?

I immediately thought, "Cool, Damian Christie has sent me a home entertainment system as a prize for suggesting the creepiest words on earth are "Michael and Barrymore.""

But the dates don't match with the contest. And I quizzed Christie earlier, in yet another borderline-stalker series of emails & am satisfied it wasn't him.

So... the field of suspects narrows, I think, to pretty much the handful of readers of this blog.

So 'fess up! Who sent it? And please furnish me with a very valid & innocent reason why it is that coming across "The Intimate Memoirs of a London Call Girl" made you think of me. So I can relay that to my interested wife.

And thank you so much too. I'm sure to enjoy it immensely.