Friday, February 25, 2005

So I got home the other day...

So I got home the other day, and M is sitting at the dining Table, writing furiously (3 "5"s in a row for homework & you get a week off - she's got 2 out of 3 already).

And she's wearing yellow tights, yellow Hurricanes' jersey, yellow bulbous Hurricanes' top hat, and she has a yellow Hurricanes' trumpet & flag.

The pieces de resistance though, are two yellow supermarket plastic bags tied around her feet.

And you know those really proud moments, when you're confronted with an unusual sight, and without even thinking about your strategy for the coolest possible response... you don't even ask?

So I took Wilma for a walk & on the way I wondered "What was THAT about?"

Turns out it was the costume she planned to wear during her campaign speech to become Kowhai House Captain (yellow) at her school. She also planned to fling a large pile of fruit bursts left over from Halloween into the crowd at the end of her speech, figuring it wouldn't hurt her popularity. And the furious writing was her speech.

We find out today how the election went. We do know however, that her highly original speech went down better with the crowd, than one rival who said "I'm Josh, vote for me, I'm good at sport."

Oh... and the girls all just cruised in briefly, proto-teenagers, on their way to swimming, dallying long enough to take all my money off me & give me sage advice about eating oranges for my cold - all 3 of them are captains of their respective houses. Way to go.