Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Get THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY!!

And the winner is SUNNYO!Last minute Christmas shopping hordes really do bring the festive spirit out in me. I have one more item to buy, I have found it. I know exactly where it is & what it costs. But there is no way in hell I am standing in a 20 deep queue in sweltering Whitcoulls to buy it.

I may pop out later when, theoretically, all the shoppers have gone back to work.

Had our team Xmas lunch today. A pretty quiet affair. The Ye Jun on Willis Street, across the road from the Malthouse, and up some stairs. They do an all you can eat smorgasbord (whatever the Mandarin for smorgasbord is) for next to nothing. You're only supposed, I think, to have one bowl of soup, one plate of assorted chinese dishes & dessert. You can tell the regulars, they can pile food artfully onto the little plate so that it looks like the leaning tower of Pisa. We just cheated & went back for more plates.

Now I am stuffed. But it was yummy.

Oh, and several people stopped me on the street to tell me they voted for SunnyO. How cool. And yes, we came 3rd. Only slightly pipped by Murray at Silent Running, who came 2nd, and Tim Blair, who slightly pipped Murray to take out the gong.

So thank you all who voted. You probably noticed, but I enjoyed the campaign thoroughly.

So thoroughly in fact, that now I have decided on the next (first) award I want.

An Academy Award.

And why not, at least one guy I went to school with has got one. It's not unheard of.

And I'm going to need some help to have my feature film finished in time to qualify for the awards in March. Specifically, I'm going to need a few thousand dollars off all of you.

Hah. Just kidding.

I'm going to need a lot more than that! Like a script perhaps. Or a vague idea for a story. I'm a bit pissed off that no-one told me about this Black Sheep project actually. I could have like, supplied black sheep or something.

Anyway, I'm in post lunchtime smorbasgorging ramble mode now.

In case I don't bother updating again... Y'all have a nice Christmas!

We've got 39 or so people representing 4 generations of extended family descending on us Xmas day. About half of them will descend Xmas Eve actually, we've booked a few other places nearby for a night or two. But only a night or two. After that they have no choice but to bugger off home, or somewhere else.

Family hordes bring out the festive spirit in me too.