Thursday, February 24, 2005

Man, I hate blood tests

I'd blog in more detail... but I hate them so much my fingers are starting to curl.

Weird thing is, it's not the blood, I've done all sorts of damage to myself & left pints of it all over all sorts of places & objects, & still pulled myself together, got out the nylon thread & stitched myself back up (exaggerating there).

It's where they take it from. Inside the elbow thing... I hate those bits being touched, like I hate my thumbs being grabbed...

Also... I thought it was OK to drink coffee... seems I may have to have another one. And should I have mentioned the codral cold tablet & multivitamin I took?

Or the bacon macmuffin? (Just kidding).

Anyway - just routine, yearly check up sort of test. Although my doctor was in a fine comic mood when I saw her (do they teach this at med school?)

"Leave your mobile number at reception in case I want to get hold of you in a hurry"
"Are you expecting something nasty in the blood test?"
"Oh no... it's in case I get in a foul mood & want to lecture someone about their liver...."