Tuesday, February 01, 2005

TV Cream's Top 100 Toys

More gratuitous plundering of Mike's posts... purely because I used to have this very edition of Mastermind & I always thought the white sheathed assistant standing behind the mastermind (I presume) was hot. Geeks get girls, I think is the message there. Maybe someone should initiate an international search to find out what became of her - how did it work out with the Mastermind? Etc. Actually, the write-up here tells us the Mastermind on the box was in reality a Leicester hairdresser called Bill Woodward... I guess it may not have gone well for the hottie.

Many of these toys are familiar to me, I have fond memories of a house on a canal bank in Wales, and the cadbury Chocolate Machine (#42).

And Subbuteo! (#12). What more is there to say?

Um... This... And I'm thrilled they include the magnificent Johnny Seven Gun (#26). I ALWAYS wanted one of these (still do), but my miserly parents never obliged. There was one kid in the village who had one & he was the envy of all the Risca Town School boys. Man... it takes me back just looking at it. About as close as I ever got to one still. In their defence, my folks did spring for a small plastic handgun that fired dried peas. That was pretty cool & lasted years.

Some, I've never ever heard of before... (Play Doh's Fuzzy Pumper Barber & Beauty Shop - #39 - WTF?)

And what about the smile on the Hangman's face there (#30). SO pleased I didn't have THAT.

the Dr Who tardis (#22) looks cool & might even make a comeback now they've revived the series (with Christopher Eccleston). I seem to recall one of my siblings had a battery operated Dalek, and would spit at it. So they say.