Tuesday, February 15, 2005

More on dogs...

Bugger. The few irresponsible spoiling it for the many...

News - Unrestrained Dogs Blamed for Otari Bird Maulings

After I posted yesterday on dogs'n'stuff, I arrived (avec chien) at Magpie Lawn to discover a large sign had been nailed up, featuring a gruesome picture of the kereru mentioned in this article.

We (the assembled dog owners) were outraged. Just another attempt to restrict the already overly restricted dog owners, we figured. I was pretty sure no dog had harmed any birds in the Botanic Gardens - I'd have heard. I have seen feral cats there though, the birds go bananas when they prowl.

But I figured something must have happened somewhere to earn this response. And there we have it.

The poster will probably put off any pesky picnickers though... wonder if dog control will be swooping through to check on us...