Monday, April 11, 2005

I landlord

Spent much of the weekend showing prospective tenants around our old house, which, given it has inexplicably refused to be sold, will be tenanted out again for a few years when we will try again to sell it.

SunnyO: Make me an offer I can't refuse...

I say inexplicably, because houses have sold all around it during the marketing period, worse houses, for lots of money. These houses were being sold by a different agency... so maybe there IS an explanation...

Anyway, we got two offers, both were below the GV. How often do you hear of houses selling for less than their GV? We had the place valued too, and so we had an idea what a fair price would be. it's not less than the GV.

Anyway...

Put an ad in the paper saying there'd be a viewing time on Sunday & to call for the address... nearly everyone couldn't make it on Sunday & so I was persuaded to spend some time there on Saturday instead. gave me a chance to do some gardening there & refamilarise myself with a place I didn't expect to have to maintain anymore...

Oh well. Had a few families through, some I can see it won't suit because the section is unfenced for dogs, and access is a bit steep for toddlers & elderly etc...

Everyone raved about what a nice, spacious, sunny place it is.

I had some stereotyping notions realigned by some groups.

Group #1: 4 "female professionals". Party girls looking for a base close to town. They checked out the bedrooms, glanced briefly at the kitchen, didn't even look at the garden. They love it.

Group #2: 4 young guys, mix of students & tradesmen. Loved the place, especially the kitchen. One guy mused rapturously about it at length. They love it.

Group #3: 4 more "female professionals". Quite a bit more professional than the first lot. A lawyer, a sharebroker, a TVNZ hotty , and something else I can't remember (brain surgeon I expect). They looked more the dinner than headbanger partiers & the kitchen did impress them a little bit too. They love it.

A few more to show around tonight...

Meanwhile, T laboured on the lounge at home & has it (re) painted - one of the colours didn't make the grade & has been replaced with a shade only imperceptably lighter than the first coat. But she's happy, and therefore, so am I.