Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Third World Country - Us?

Get this - our MySky decoder refused to start up at around 6pm Sunday - atmospheric conditions. And it was hosing down so I thought it might be credible.

Next day - clear skies were posing atmospheric problems apparently. So I called Sky & reported it. I've had great service from them in the past. And I daresay I may get great service again this time, just not very fast service.

Silly me having a problem the very same week they're cutting over to a new satellite (and no way that could be related is there?). And all their technicians are busy.

But they may be able to send someone round to check next monday. Yes that's right, a week away from the very time I reported the fault.

Good news is that we won't be paying for the days we have no TV reception, bad news is that we have shaky free to air reception at best (and even shakier programming on those channels), and nothing we've set to record will be recorded.

So it's gonna be a lot of DVDs between now & next week. Perhaps I'll have me a Sherlock Holmesathon.